BAYSIDE COVENANTS REVISION WORKSHOPS
- March 19th at 7 pm
- April 21st at 10 am
The Bayside HOA Board is Hosting
The Board would like the community to consider additional revisions to modernize our covenants and better reflect the character of the community. We encourage you to take the time to attend one of these meeting and actively participate in these discussions. As a starting off point, below are some recommended changes to the covenants that we feel are appropriate to discuss at this time. However, we are asking that the community also contribute in this discussion to help identify those changes that the Board will ultimately submit to community to vote on during our Annual meeting. We hope that you be a part of this decision making and appreciate any input you may have. Thanks in advance!
Current recommended changes:
1. General Changes throughout – make sure terms are consistent.
2. Incorporate Florida HOA Statutes by reference and state that as provided by Florida Statute if there is any conflict between those Statutes and Bayside’s Covenants that the Covenants shall govern when allowable.
3. Section 3.3 – remove sentence regarding unimproved parcels regarding dues amount distinction.
4. Section 4.1 – Specifically identify Common Areas so that there is no confusion about who is responsible for what.
5. Section 4.5 – Clear up and state that Slips are held to the same requirements as parcels with regard to ARB requirements on changes, improvements, etc.
6. Section 7.4 – Reference boat slips as also being under the ARB’s purview.
7. Section 7.5 – Amend the ARB approval of plans to clear up time frame of approval so that it’s clear that it is not 10 days of nonresponse but 30 that equals approval. Add ARB form with appropriate language.
8. Section 7.6.9 – Remove requirement of storing automobiles in garages when not in use since it is widely disregarded and unenforced.
9. Section 7.6.18 – Consider possible changes to address southern pine beetle, termites, carpenter ant damaged/infested/dying trees. Ex. Automatic approval if ARB is provided documented proof of infestation by licensed tree/insect/pest control person and or photographic evidence.
10. Section 8.1.4 – outside pets. Maybe the following… No pets shall be allowed outside household when unattended by Parcel Owner unless owner has an electric fence. Consider change to the current “two four legged” pet limit
11. Section 8.1.9 – change 24 hour timeframe to 3 days.
12. Section 8.1.10 – Change to $2000 per instance of removal.
13. Section 9.12 – Incorporate Rules for Code Enforcement here and consider additional changes with regard to Fine Caps.